Thursday, April 30, 2015

Still Life with Shallots

I painted these shallots on Tuesday, but I am late posting them. If you've seen my painting set-up, you know that I only paint with one No. 6 round brush. I think it is time to add a smaller brush for painting the roots of shallots. Oh, well, there is always next time, right? 

And just a note to thank you for your sweet comments. You keep me feeling inspired. My precious nieces were so fun to paint, and I appreciate your encouraging words. 

Happy painting!

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wonderful work Darla! The limited pallette is perfect for this painting!

Azra said...

Your shallots have such character with those curly roots, you did a great job with brush you use. I hope you're having a great Sunday.xxx

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you so much, ladies! :)