Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday's Daisies

Today has been so pretty! So, I decided that it was the perfect day to paint -- what will likely be -- the last of my daisies. I love their sunny "faces" and easy care. They were very fun to paint, and it was a pleasant day to spend outdoors.  I will be looking forward to their return this coming spring. :)

Lastly, I ran across this quotation recently, and it struck a chord with me.  "Embrace Frayed Edges, Worn Pages and Laugh Lines.  True Beauty Lies in Imperfection."  So much truth in those little words, eh? 

Have a great Sunday!  :)

2 comments:

Lisa Daria said...

Hi! I can't believe we both still have daisies - at the end of October! I've been eyeing daisies on my walk all week - and these look great - I like the underpainting poking through and the edges of the petals which allow that feathery look -

Darla McDowell said...

Hi there! You've been inspiring me with your beautiful plein air painting! And I will forever be indebted to you for sharing your underpainting technique. It really helps unify paintings, and it makes quick studies - like this - so much more fun. Thank you! :)