Friday, May 20, 2011

Lavender

Wow, it feels like I have been gone forever.  My husband and I went away for several days to celebrate his birthday, and I can't tell you how much that I have missed painting.  And all of you.  It was nice to be away from the Internet for a bit, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to these past days!

No sooner than my bags were unpacked, I started painting.  A girl's got to have priorities, right?  My cupboards are still bare, but fortunately, my lavender has started to bloom.  Along with catching up on laundry, purchasing produce is on my "To Do" list for this evening.  Well, I had better get busy.  See you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

Welcome back, Darla! Yes, you have been missed. This is a lovely painting . . . it has understated elegance.

Karen Hedges said...

This has become my favorite - love the simplicity and impressionistic quality.

Sonya Johnson said...

Welcome back :)! This is a wonderful painting - simple and with pleasing colors and design.

I can imagine how nice it is to be back in your studio; I feel the same way after being away for more than a few days.

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you for the very nice comments, girls! I appreciate them and all of you. I love our little blogging/painting community! :)