Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day! (Sold)



SOLD

This little box of Godiva chocolates is going into a basket of goodies for my sweetheart of 30 years.  The box was wrapped with the prettiest red ribbon tied into a beautiful rose.  How could I resist painting it?  I hope I have better luck resisting the temptation of this holiday's delicious treats.  

Also, this is my entry for this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge.  Click here to see all of the wonderful entries.

Happy Valentine's Day!

10 comments:

Azra said...

What can I say Darla!! This is absolutely superb!! I love the highlights on the ribbon and the crisp edges on the box!

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Azra! It was a fun subject. I hope you have a great Valentine's!

Sonya Johnson said...

Wow, I'm just in awe of this! The composition and design are just wonderful, and the perfect edges and those reflections on the box....just beautiful in its simplicity, Darla.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your honey :)!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

I think superb is a perfect description.Beautiful Darla...Hope you had a great Valentines day
xo

Scott Ruthven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Ruthven said...

Sold! - it's mine now :D. I can't wait to hang it up in my home. I think a nice gold leaf frame will look wonderful. I'm so happy to own one of your pieces Darla.

Scott
Artist in Disguise

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Sonya and Page! You two are both so sweet. Thank you for your kind words!

Scott, thank you! I really appreciate it! I hope you will enjoy this piece; I had such fun painting it yesterday. Thank you again! :)

Karen d'Angeac Mihm said...

Just beautiful Darla!

Angela Sullivan said...

Just right this box of chocolates. Beautifully done.

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Karen and Angela! :)