Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shadow Boxing


Last week, I attended Qiang Huang's workshop at Dena Wenmoh's ranch in Cypress Mill, Texas.  This was my first workshop with him, and it was so interesting!  He is a phenomenal artist and a wonderful teacher. Along with sharing his approach to painting, he spent one afternoon discussing the more practical aspects of marketing our work.  I am still absorbing all of the valuable information he shared with us. It was so nice to spend a few days in the beautiful Texas hill country with an excellent teacher and a fun group of artists. Very enjoyable!

And now, it is nice to be back home.  I'm still trying to get caught up with everything, but it feels great to be back in my studio today.  There really is no place like home, eh?

Happy painting, everyone!

3 comments:

Karen d'Angeac Mihm said...

Oh wow Darla, this is just beautiful!!!! I wish I had been at the workshop too, I think he's such a good painter!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Sounds like a wonderful workshop..welcome back home Darla...that is something you would say

Azra said...

Love the apples and crisp cloth!! Beautiful colours too!
I am envious of your time with Qiang Huang,i love how he paints roses!
Like you say though its good to be home.