Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pitcher Study with Tomatoes






As reflective surfaces are so challenging for me, I was tickled to stumble across this pitcher in our local thrift shop.  (I used to get excited about buying pretty shoes.  Now, I'm all about shopping for still life props.)  And the tomatoes are from my Dad's little garden.  They taste just like summertime.  Yum!

Thank you all for your comments.  I appreciate each one of them.  And all of you.  I hope that you're all having a great week!

7 comments:

Scott Ruthven said...

Wow, this looks great Darla. Love the edges!!!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Another gorgeous painting by sweet you Darla..nice

Azra said...

Wonderful pitcher,and the tomatoes really glow!! I've enjoyed catching up,all your paintings are so beautiful!

Sonya Johnson said...

This is just wonderful, Darla! The pitcher has an amazing luminous glow to it, and the strokes and shading you used on it are just superb.

Keep up the great work!

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, everyone. :)

Maga Fabler said...

Oh, Darla, how beautiful you rendered this a metallic sheen of this pitcher. Masterpiece!

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Maga! :)