Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting for Daddy


SOLD

This is a painting of twin brothers, Henry and Michael, and their faithful companion Bucky.  It is a commissioned piece painted from a photograph furnished by their grandmother.  As soon as I saw Anne's photo, I knew that I wanted to paint these sweet boys, and it was a pure joy.  As was Anne to work with on the project.  Meeting new friends via this blog and Daily Paintworks has been such a delightful surprise.  I feel very thankful for all of you and for the daily dose of inspiration that you provide.  Thank you!

I hope you're all having a great week!  Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

9 comments:

Karen d'Angeac Mihm said...

Wow Darla, beautiful and so sweet!

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Karen. They are such cute boys, and it was so fun to paint them. :)

Page Pearson Railsback said...

This is fantastic. I love it and of course they must too. Congratulations Darla. Your work is soaring

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Page. I appreciate your comments...and your encouragement. :)

Azra said...

What a wonderful piece Darla!! I love the warmth of colours,the soft glowing effect and the composition is so sweet!!Great to see your wonderful work again!

Amanda Bilson said...

Beautiful painting, so sweet and I love the colours in this.

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Azra and Amanda! I can't take credit for the sweet composition, though. It was in Anne's original photograph. These boys and Bucky are just too cute!

SYLVIANE said...

Your couch is wonderful by its colour and shape, we would like to snuggle on it!
Bravo, Darla!

Stephen McDonough said...

I love the feel of this painting. Masterfully done!