Monday, June 24, 2013

Currant Events


My very talented friend, Kim, made this beautiful bowl years ago. It has the prettiest glaze of pinks, blues and violets mixed with warm, earth-toned colors. The painting's background looks a little too dark on my screen. It is a deep brown and not black. The rest of the painting photographed well. One day, I hope to master the fine art of photographing my daily paintings. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I hope your week is off to a great start. Stay cool!

8 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

Beautiful bowl, and beautiful painting, Darla! What a clever title! I think photographing dark backgrounds is particular challenging. It appears fine to me.

Maga Fabler said...

Very beautiful composition. Your painting is already mature, Darla!

hmuxo said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Darla.
I can see all those amazing colors in this bowl! As always, I love the dark background...it pulls this beauty forward!!!

Amanda Bilson said...

Lovely painting Darla. I like the composition and the dark background really sets it all off beautifully.

Azra said...

This is a beautiful painting, you've captured the colours and textures with such talent!!

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate your sweet comments. Happy painting! :)

Wendy Barrett said...

I love the translucence of the grapes and the great shine on the bowl. You've captured the character of the glaze beautifully.

Karen Hedges said...

Darla, this is really beautiful. I like the intensity and the
simplicity of this painting. Very nice--- Karen