Monday, December 2, 2013

Garlic Squared


Available for Purchase

Well, the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone, life is getting back to normal and it is time to get back to work, right?

I've been practicing painting garlic again. And I reworked my previous garlic painting. I almost never work on a painting after the initial session, but for some reason, I couldn't stop myself with this one. I think that I like it better now, and I hope you do, too.



I hope your week is off to a great beginning! Happy painting!

7 comments:

Azra said...

Hi Darla, I loved the original and I love how you've given it more life and movement!! As artists we have in our minds what we want to portray and until we're satisfied that we have done that we can't rest, so I do understand where you are coming from. : )

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Azra. I appreciate your creative input. That makes me feel better! Thanks again. :)

Rochelle said...

Both versions have their own resonance and I like both :)

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Rochelle. :)

hmuxo said...

I've been catching up with your paintings, Darla and love them all. Your paintings are flawless.
What can I say...I love your work!

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Hilda! I always appreciate your sweet comments! :)

Brittany H said...

Thanks for ssharing