Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Winter Garlic



Last October, I planted a little patch of organic garlic. I'm not much of a gardener, so it is an experiment. Fresh garlic is such a treat, so I'm hoping that it works. With a little luck, it will be ready for harvest in June or July. 




Today, it is 73 degrees and gorgeous outside. Last week, though, it was cold and snowy. Here are a few pics of the ranch for you. We are thankful for the moisture.




I hope you're having a great week! Happy painting!

6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

a WOW!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Great to see your beautiful work and your beautiful land . Workshop in Texas?

hmuxo said...

A beautiful piece, Darla. Organic garlic sounds wonderful.. I hope they bloom in June!! and thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of your ranch..! I love all the open land!!

Azra said...

Its a wonderful painting, your ceramics always look amazing and garlic adds that contrast in texture and colour!! I love the photos, I have been craving some snow to paint, we might get some in the next few days.

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you, Sue, Page, Hilda and Azra! I appreciate your sweet comments! :)

Motha Cupcake said...

Lovelly post