Monday, May 11, 2015

Still Life with Handmade Bowl and Cherries


Private Collection

Recently, my very sweet and thoughtful niece, Holly, gifted me with this beautiful, handmade bowl. I love it, and I couldn't wait to paint it. So, when I saw that cherries were in season, they felt like a fun fit for it.

This week, I am planning and packing for Abbey Ryan's workshop in Sedona. It will run from May 18 through May 22, 2015. I am so looking forward to a week of painting, painterly fellowship and beautiful Sedona. I will try to take lots of photos for you.

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Outstanding piece, Darla! I zoomed on it and you can see the beautiful texture...LOVE the realism in the bowl.

Azra said...

The cherries and the bowl were made for each other, they look so beautiful together!!! I hope you have a great time, I am green with envy. : )

Darla McDowell said...

Thank you so much, ladies! :)

Sandra Busby said...

I also love to paint things that are personal to me... Like the marbles, which belonged to my Nan who is no longer with us... This is such a gorgeous painting! And those cherries look good enough to eat! :0)